Released January 2019 by Belarca
A gorgeous, thrilling set of 20th century gems, some as old as 60, as interpreted by flute and marimba duo Greg and Patricia Zuber. There’s even a moving piece by Mindful Bardling William Susman along with the Messiaen and Villa-Lobos. The spare instrumentation and rich timbres make this album a triumph of musicianship and a very effective background for the turning and milling of creative minds.
Blackbird Redux manifests six of the Mindful Bard’s criteria for music well worth a listen:
1. It’s authentic, original, and delightful.
2. It poses and admirably responds to questions that have a direct bearing on my view of existence.
3. It stimulates my mind.
4. It provides respite from a sick and cruel world, a respite enabling me to renew myself for a return to mindful artistic endeavor.
5. It inspires an awareness of the sanctity of creation.
6. It makes me want to be a better artist.